2019 Priorities for Wealth & Asset Management
With 2019 well underway, APS have noticed certain trends from our clients within the Wealth & Asset Management industry with regards to Change & Transformation priorities for 2019.
Business as Usual (BAU) and Regulatory Change take priority when setting budget expectations but the money left over for change and transformation can be a tricky when trying to prioritise what the business should tackle first.
Some of the key themes and trends include:
- Understanding the strategic direction for the business and how to set those priorities on a clear roadmap which has been taken through sign off and governance.
- The journey to cloud based technologies from traditional IT onsite infrastructure.
- Moving from traditional waterfall to agile delivery as an organisation (realise cost savings as well as to launch products quicker to market).
- User experience improved to attract the younger generation in a manner that reflects how they consume such products or services today and in the future as well as your current client base.
- AI, Machine Learning and Robotics are all in the pipeline
- Cyber security and the impacts of a breach.
When setting strategic priorities, APS encourage clients review any programme or project currently underway to ensure it’s being future proofed against your strategic roadmap. Many organisations complete tactical work and spend lots of money undoing work previously completed, that could have been reviewed upfront to ensure it fits in with the strategic direction of the business.
Lastly to deliver the tangible business benefits intended, review the benefits realisation process and assign business owners to each key delivery with regular reporting on progress.
Dave Newland co-founder and Director at APS commented “our clients are now on a very different journey to when we started APS back in 2015. The realisation of having to change and keep up with the competition as well as, the rigorous demands of regulation is a huge priority, additionally the benefit of moving to the cloud and being an agile organisation has cost savings and benefits to them which need to be clearly understood and tracked”
At APS we help our clients with both delivery consultancy or recruitment of both permanent as well as short term resource requirements within the Wealth and Asset Management industry.