One of the UK’s largest and longest established investment houses managing investments for both individuals and for large institutional investors, such as pension funds globally.
Business Challenge / Problem statement:
A cyber security initiative was undertaken across the organisation covering Firewalls / Hygiene and Threat Detect was being implemented and APS were asked to support analysis and delivery for these specific workstreams.
- Firewall & Hygiene enhanced: including implementation of a change management process as well as undertake a review of current firewall change management policy and process, remediate gaps vs good practice
- Support analysis of security operations for threat detection and monitoring
- Firewalls & Hygiene
- Automated Firewall Change Management Process through tooling
- Any missing patches on the critical servers identified through the weekly scans remediated and rescanned to ensure compliance during the following patch cycle.
- Weekly MI report produced, which highlights the compliance and non-compliance levels for the environments scanned during the patch cycle.
- Remediation of High Risk Firewall Config issues and critical instances of non-compliance.
- Threat Detect
- Gather and document Business, functional and non-functional requirements for optimisation of SecureWorks transformation
- Gather and document Business, functional and non-functional requirements to enable migration to new cloud based SIEM platform
- Assist with the development and mapping of security operations centre processes.
- Gather and document requirements for end point detection and response capability.