Business area: Banking – Risk Technology & IT
Client Problem: APS were asked to support a Risk Technology & IT Function which had no governance or control across 5 Programmes and 45 Projects, planning and delivery of project on time and budget was an issue across the entire Portfolio.
APS Approach: APS undertook a discovery phase to access areas and quick wins to gain control. APS implemented a standard change methodology across the Portfolio as well as rolling out a new Federated PMO Function to promote best practice.
APS quick wins during the engagement:
- Each Project to baseline project plan delivery dates
- Change Control process put in place to allow scope, requirements and date changes
- Assessment of project documentation and tracker in place
- Health check across the Portfolio implemented at a project level.
The Project Outcome: Portfolio delivery improvement with enhanced management of delivery and correct decisions being made by senior stakeholders. Federated PMO function implemented with full training and a lean central PMO function. APS then provided a full knowledge transfer and handover to a permanent member of staff.
- Global PMO Portfolio Manager
- PMO Analyst
- PCSO Resources
- £80m Portfolio Budget
- Portfolio of 5 Programmes and 45 Projects
- Global Tier 1 Bank