Certified Scrum Master (CSM) - Instructor Led (ONLINE)
Certified Scrum Master (CSM)) is one of the most recognised Agile certificates. Scrum Alliance is the largest association of Agile practitioners and Scrum certifying body in the world with over 1,000,000 members worldwide. This accreditation is a step forward in your Agile journey, and Scrum Alliance community provides a platform for further learnings through webinars, articles, conferences, etc.
We help workplaces transform into spaces where individuals can find meaning in the work they do, and teams can work together to support each other. From this, remarkable things can happen.
You will see a future where work is play, where experts are humble, and dreaming is deliberate – where it all makes perfect sense as the seemingly impossible meet. Let us inspire you!
What does the course look like?
International Certification with Scrum Alliance
Your Course Leader:
Pavel Dabrytski is a certified agile coach and trainer. He helps organizations implement Agile sustainably through mentoring and coaching. Over the past years, Pavel worked with major financial organizations, retail and telco giants improving their organisational processes. He also helped organise multiple international conferences in Cape Town and Johannesburg. Pavel is a seasoned presenter who has spoken at events in Paris, Prague, Shanghai, Bangalore, Atlanta, New York, Orlando, New Jersey, Singapore as well as in South Africa. Pavel holds the following Agile and training accreditations:
- Certified Scrum Trainer (CST)
- Path to CSP Educator
- Registered Education Provider (REP) with Scrum Alliance
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSP-SM)
- Advanced Certified Scrum Master (A-CSM)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
- SAFe Program Consultant (SPC)
- Certified Agile Project Manager (DSDM)
- Understand Agile and the Scrum framework
- Grasp the role of Scrum Master
- Learn how to get ready to start scrumming
- Know how to support your team & deal with organisational issues
- Understanding fundamentals of Agile
- History of Agile
- Agile values and principles
- Following the Scrum framework
- Empiric process theory
- Scrum framework: roles, events and artefacts
- Cross-functional and self-organised Scrum teams
- The role of product owner in a Scrum team
- The role of scrum master in a Scrum team
- Starting up new products and teams
- Product vision
- Creating initial product backlog
- Product backlog management
- Writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Common user story mistakes
- Definition of ready and done
- Estimations and planning poker
- Budgets and timelines
- Release planning
- Sprints and their characteristics
- Sprint planning
- Backlog refinement
- Sprint execution
- Sprint retrospective
- Sprint review
- Team coaching
How long is the course?
The course is two full days. We start at 8:30 a.m. and finish at 4:30 p.m. on both days.
How big is a class?
The maximum number of delegates is 16. It allows for focused learning and in-depth discussions.
Can this course be done virtually?
Yes, we have virtual options available. Please refer to the location of the course to find available virtual and classroom dates.
Does the course include certification?
The course includes two attempts at internationally recognized certification from Scrum Alliance.
Is this certification internationally recognised?
Yes. Certified Scrum Master (CSM) is recognised everywhere around the world, including the US, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and the Middle East.
Is this a CSM course?
Yes. Our certification is done in association with Scrum Alliance.
Does the certification expire?
Scrum Alliance requires for your membership to be renewed every two years. Renewal costs are USD 100.
Are there more levels?
Yes, with more experience, you may become an Advanced Certified Scrum Master (A-CSM) and Certified Scrum Professional (CSP).
Do we write the exam during the training?
No. You will have 90 days to write the exam after the completion of the course. We will send extra reading, videos, and practice tests for you to get ready. People report that it takes between 10 to 20 additional hours for review.
Is the exam an open book?
Yes. You are welcome to make notes and use your study materials. Although, you are not allowed to collaborate with anyone else during the exam.
Is the certification included in the price?
Yes. Two exam attempts are included in our price.
Does price include VAT?
The price you see on the website shows the price before VAT at 20%
How can I pay?
You can pay via credit card. After you register and make your reservation, you will be asked to complete your credit card details.
Can my company pay for my training?
Absolutely. Connect us with your HR or Learning and Development department.
Can I cancel my booking?
You can cancel or reschedule for free up to 14 days before the course. After that, an additional £100 fee is applicable. The reason is simple – we have already incurred costs. Also, you might be taking a spot from someone else.