Leading SAFe - Instructor Led (ONLINE)
This course covers how to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®).
Even if you don’t work in software development, you have probably heard about the management revolution caused by Agile software development. You have an opportunity to experience a PI Planning event before we dive into the skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events, and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA).
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Agilist (SA) certification exam:
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- Experience in Scrum
International certification with Scaled Agile
What does the course look like?
Pavel Dabrytski is a certified agile coach and trainer. He helps organizations implement Agile sustainably through mentoring and coaching. Over the past years, Pavel worked with major financial organizations, retail and telco giants improving their organisational processes. He also helped organise multiple international conferences in Cape Town and Johannesburg. Pavel is a seasoned presenter who has spoken at events in Paris, Prague, Shanghai, Bangalore, Atlanta, New York, Orlando, New Jersey, Singapore as well as in South Africa. Pavel holds the following Agile and training accreditations:
- Certified Scrum Trainer (CST)
- Path to CSP Educator
- Registered Education Provider (REP) with Scrum Alliance
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSP-SM)
- Advanced Certified Scrum Master (A-CSM)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
- SAFe Program Consultant (SPC)
- Certified Agile Project Manager (DSDM)
- Understand the Five Core Competencies of the Lean Enterprise
- Become a Lean-thinking manager-teacher
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose
- Lead the transformation with the SAFe Implementation Roadmap
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
- Drive Release on Demand with the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building Business Solutions and Lean Systems
- Implementing Lean Portfolio Management
- Leading the transformation
How long is the course?
The course is two full days. We start at 8:30 a.m. and finish at 4:30 p.m. on both days.
How big is a class?
The maximum number of delegates is 16. It allows for focused learning and in-depth discussions.
Can this course be done virtually?
Yes, we have virtual options available. Please refer to the location of the course to find available virtual and classroom dates.
Does the course include certification?
The course includes two attempts at internationally recognized certification from Scrum Alliance.
Is this certification internationally recognised?
Yes. Certified Scrum Master (CSM) is recognised everywhere around the world, including the US, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and the Middle East.
Is this a CSM course?
Yes. Our certification is done in association with Scrum Alliance.
Does the certification expire?
Scrum Alliance requires for your membership to be renewed every two years. Renewal costs are USD 100.
Do we write the exam during the training?
No. You will have 90 days to write the exam after the completion of the course. We will send extra reading, videos, and practice tests for you to get ready. People report that it takes between 10 to 20 additional hours for review.
Is the exam an open book?
Yes. You are welcome to make notes and use your study materials. Although, you are not allowed to collaborate with anyone else during the exam.
Is the certification included in the price?
Yes. Two exam attempts are included in our price.
Does price include VAT?
The price you see on the website shows the price before VAT at 20%
How can I pay?
You can pay via credit card. After you register and make your reservation, you will be asked to complete your credit card details.
Can my company pay for my training?
Absolutely. Connect us with your HR or Learning and Development department.
Can I cancel my booking?
You can cancel or reschedule for free up to 14 days before the course. After that, an additional £100 fee is applicable. The reason is simple – we have already incurred costs. Also, you might be taking a spot from someone else.