Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) - Instructor Led (ONLINE)
This course looks at the other side of Scrum – product visioning, release and strategy planning, requirements gathering and customer experience design.
We help workplaces transform into spaces where individuals can find meaning in the work they do, and teams can work together to support each other. From this, remarkable things can happen.
You will see a future where work is play, where experts are humble, and dreaming is deliberate – where it all makes perfect sense as the seemingly impossible meet. Let us inspire you!
The role of the product owner is often overlooked, yet it is the main reason why Scrum teams struggle. A trainer colleague of ours once mentioned that he does ten times more scrum master courses than product owner courses. This proves that there isn't enough focus on doing Agile product management well! Project success is twofold. If a Scrum team is like a high-performance vehicle, then the product owner is like an experienced driver. Without an effective product owner, your Agile teams will go nowhere fast.
What does the course look like?
International certification with Scrum Alliance
Your Course Leader:
Pavel Dabrytski is a certified agile coach and trainer. He helps organizations implement Agile sustainably through mentoring and coaching. Over the past years, Pavel worked with major financial organizations, retail and telco giants improving their organisational processes. He also helped organise multiple international conferences in Cape Town and Johannesburg. Pavel is a seasoned presenter who has spoken at events in Paris, Prague, Shanghai, Bangalore, Atlanta, New York, Orlando, New Jersey, Singapore as well as in South Africa. Pavel holds the following Agile and teaching accreditations:
- Certified Scrum Trainer (CST)
- Path to CSP Educator
- Registered Education Provider (REP) with Scrum Alliance
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSP-SM)
- Advanced Certified Scrum Master (A-CSM)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
- SAFe Program Consultant (SPC)
- Certified Agile Project Manager (DSDM)
- Understand Agile and the Scrum framework
- Grasp the role of Product Owner
- Learn how to work with requirements in Agile
- Know how to help your organisation transition to Agile
- Understanding the fundamentals of Agile
- History of Agile
- Agile values and principles
- Following the Scrum framework
- Empiric process theory
- Scrum framework: roles, events, and artefacts
- Cross-functional and self-organised Scrum teams
- The role of product owner in a Scrum team
- Product owner vs. Business analyst
- Starting up new products and teams Product vision
- Business value and its definition
- Maximising business value through rapid experimentation: Lean Startup
- Agile product management and business modelling
- Creating initial product backlog
- Understanding your customers
- Customer segments
- User roles
- Planning a release
- Creating a release strategy with user story mapping
- Budgets and timelines
- Release planning
- Managing the product backlog
- Attributes of a good product backlog
- Prioritisation techniques and more
Does the course include certification?
The course includes internationally recognised certification from Scrum Alliance.
Is this certification internationally recognised?
Yes. Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) is recognised everywhere around the world, including the US, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and the Middle East.
Is this a CSPO course?
Yes. Our certification is done in association with Scrum Alliance.
Does the certification expire?
Scrum Alliance requires for your membership to be renewed every two years. Renewal costs are USD 100.
Are there more levels?
Yes, with more experience, you may become an Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO) and Certified Scrum Professional (CSP).
Is there an exam?
There is no exam for the course – you will receive your certification upon the completion of the course.
Is the certification included in the price?
Does price include VAT?
The price you see on the website shows the price before VAT at 20%
How can I pay?
You can pay via credit card. After you register and make your reservation, you will be asked to complete your credit card details.
Can my company pay for my training?
Absolutely. Connect us with your HR or Learning and Development department.
Can I cancel my booking?
You can cancel or reschedule for free up to 14 days before the course. After that, an additional £100 fee is applicable. The reason is simple – we have already incurred costs (advertising, catering, venue hire). Also, you might be taking a spot from someone else.