The Importance of Governance while delivering large change
Why is Governance so important?
Without Governance in complex large organisations, you often find that changes made to systems or processes may not work. But governance won’t catch everything (often down to human error) but it can help mitigate any potential issues. Its also a method for Programmes and Projects to raise the flag for help (not something all PMs like doing and admitting they need help).
The common items we have come across while delivering change:
- User Acceptance Testing squeezed into short time frames to enable go live
- Service Management not engaged or ready for go live
- UAT releases into environments create more defects
- Defect management is not effective
- Requirements from business not understood or signed off
- Business Cases and plans not baselined or controlled
- Lack of clear configuration management governance
- Cross dependency management isn’t handled correctly
- benefits management and the realisation of benefits is not tracked or handed over
- The business impact is often forgotten and they aren’t ready to receive the changes
- Architecture not involved in upfront discovery to confirm it fits the current landscape and strategic goal of the organisation
What can APS help you with?
- Structured Governance that works for your organisation to improve delivery
- Partnering across your 3rd party suppliers to improve delivery across the organisation
- Support Digital Transformation delivery from DevOps/Cloud Providers into your business
- Improve overall Change as well as testing delivery across your organisation
- Ensure smooth transition into Service Management