What is Cyber Security?
More and more of our clients are asking APS to support them with improving controls and implementing new systems with cyber security across their organisation.
With the recent GDPR legislation and the high profile news of an organisation paying $50m in damages to people affected by the largest ever cyber attack globally, organisations are taking cyber security more seriously than previously.
But what is Cyber Security?
Common attacks can include theft of corporate information, financial and personal information; money; inability to transact or a loss to your business. Any cyber attack on an organisation can impact and damage your reputation with a loss customers, sales and in turn profits.
APS can help assess your organisation with reviewing your cyber security approach and being tools agnostic recommended or support the right provider (if required).
As part of our assessments we review
- Internal governance practices: to promptly identify threats, review them efficiently, and respond speedily to prevent damage.
- Identify threats internally: Staff are the biggest risk and reviewing activity with trends and risks being identified can help stop threats in advance.
- Regular data backups: taking a data back up is important and one of the best security practices that not only ensures peace of mind but also helps combat emerging threats
- User training and education: Educating employees and users about cyber security best practices is extremely important. It heightens awareness within the organisation, which enables strong, reliable, cybersecurity.
- Your response plan: how often to you dress rehearse and practice a breach has occurred, having a well planned and tested response is key
- Regulatory compliance: we can review your current practices and provide gap analysis against current regulations.